Mayan Scribe in progress in Juana Alicia’s studio
- Sketch for Entryway, friezes and celing of El Centro Chicano, Juana Alicia ©2009. Pencil drawing on paper.
Sketch for ceiling, Juana Alicia ©2009. Pencil drawing on paper.
Sketch 2 for Nopal Ceiling in Progress
Black and White Sketch of Nopal on Canvas.
- Color study for ceiling mural: Nopal de Resistencia. Study size: 5.6′ x 5.6′, acrylic on canvas. Juana Alicia ©2011
- Color Sketch for Mayan Scribe wall, Centro Chicano de Estanfor, Juana Alicia ©2011
Evolving Sketch for Mayan Scribe, 2
Evolving Sketch for Mayan Scribe, 3
Evolving Sketch for Mayan Scribe, 4
Detail of scribe’s hand with shell
- Profile of Mayan Scribe, sketch for mural, Juana Alicia ©2011
Mayan Scribe with red amate background, mural in progress for Centro Chicano, Juana Alicia ©2011Jaguar with concha in Progress, first panel of codex Princesa Ixquic of the Popol Vuh, first panel of codex
- Colonialización y esclavitud, 2nd panel of codex Esclavitud y Revolución, 2nd and 3rd panels of codex
- Esclavos, 2nd panel of codex
- Mercedes Sosa in progress, 3rd panel of Codex
Mercedes Sosa y Hunapú, 3rd and 4th panels of codex
- Gemelos con Ollin, 3rd and 4th panels of codex Gemelos con Popol Vuh
- Tirso Araiza, installer, and Angelica Ceja, student, “fitting” the Mayan Scribe panel on March 2, 2012
- Tirso Araiza, installer and artist, measuring panels for frieze, where codex will be installed.
Cactus Ceiling During Installation
Aambr Newsome Assisting Tirso Araiza at Stanford
Juana Alicia Painting Ceiling
Juana Alicia retouching ceiling at Centro Chicano
Tirso Araiza creating base for codex
VIEW OF HALLWAY, Centro Chicano, Stanford University. Suite of 4 murals:, CODEX DEL CENTRO (frieze), MAYAN SCRIBE, NOPAL DE RESISTENCIA (ceiling), and RAICES DE LA VOZ (frieze), Juana Alicia ©2012.